I got my new iPhone and was fascinated and joyful enough. Some days later my phone froze. I guess may be due to some buggy app. So I decided to try rebooting it like my old iPhone7.I just longer pressed the sleep/wake button on the right side of my device along with the volume down button on the left side of my device, hoping that my device will reboot. But!! In doing so, my new iPhone showed an SOS feature on the screen and made an emergency call! I was deeply confused then. And I think many of you like me are facing the same problem and so you have visited the page!
Many times it may happen with you that some unknown functionality just occurs in your iPhone XS, iPhone XS MAX, iPhone XR. Then you may have to reboot it or forces restart it just like I did. But it happens with many a people that they are never aware of changes in the market. Knowing your device a bit extra can sometimes be real handy. So, even if you haven’t come across any such situation, even then reverting should not be an option. Although the process of force reboot has changed a bit from the older iPhone devices but don’t worry it’s not that complicated. Even if you are a beginner, you won’t face any problem to reboot your iPhone. It’s an easy way to access the settings of your phone and end the problem of bugs that have come in your iPhone.
First of all, the button on the right side of your iPhone XS, iPhone XS MAX, iPhone XR is no longer called sleep/ wake button. Apple now calls it the side button. Now let’s force reboot our device-
- Firstly, Press the volume up button on the left side of your device, followed by pressing the volume down button.
- Continue holding it till the screen doesn’t turn black.
- Once the screen goes black, wait for the apple logo to flash on the screen.
- The appearance of the Apple logo confirms that your force reboot was successful.
- In case you do not see the apple logo, then repeat the steps.
If your iPhone hasn’t frozen and you have access to settings, you can shut down the device in the following ways too.
To normally shut your iPhone XS, iPhone XS MAX, iPhone XR down follow the following steps –
- Go to settings and search for General.
- Tap General
- In General, look for Shut Down option.
- Tap on it.
- Now go back, and you will see a white, black circle appearing on your main screen. So, tap on it.
- After entering it, tap on the device
- Tap on more if you don’t find any restart option there.
- Tap on restart.
- A message pops up on the Allow it to restart your device and you are done!
So follow these easy steps and reboot your phone with ease.